3M ARMORCAST STRUCTURAL MATERIAL
To give additional mechanical and UV protection for aerial cables, 3M provides the option to combine the completed tape joint with 3M Armorcast Rejacketing Kit No. AR-2. Installation of AR-2 is quick and easy. No need for flame, electricity or chemical. Perfect for all hazardous environments, including manholes.
3M Armorcast Structural Tape is flexible fiberglass knot fabric strip saturated with resin syrup. No heat is required in the installation process, just water. It forms a tough durable covering that cures in 20 minutes. Provides structural strength, as well as cable and splice protection. For use on any cable jackets and sheath repair. The tacky, stretchy fiberglass reinforced material adheres both to itself and polyethylene or lead sheaths.
- Simple application. Ouick and easy to apply without a mess.
- Water activated resin. Gives control of set time.
- Durable. Strong, long life, water resistant and hard wearing.
- Light weight. The fiberglass construction of the tape allows for excellent mechanical protection without extra weight stress on the cables.
- Tack free. Gives ease of roll unwind during application.
- Resistant to moisture, fungus, acid, alkali, ozone, sunlight, gasoline and high temperatures
- Comforms to irregular shapes and maintains the rigidity and shape.
- Wear a glove to protect hands from the resin.
- Remove the roll from the foil pouch and dip in cool water, squeezing once. This will allow 4 to 5 minutes of cure time. Option: You can also apply directly eithout first dipping in water. The curing time will be longer if its not dipped in water.
- Apply in spiral motion. Overlapping by half to two thirds on each turn.
- Mold to aid lamination and cast strength. Use some water to help smoothen the surface.
- Let it cure and dry. Cables can be moved in 30 minutes time.